DENTIALONE PARTNERS HOME
Patient Relations Coordinator
5/7/2013 8:37:55 AM
At DentalOne Partners, our commitment to providing outstanding patient care starts with you. As a Patient Relations Coordinator your focus is on making our patients’ dental experience second to none from the moment they enter the practice. From coordinating, scheduling and answering patient’s questions to ensuring the smallest details aren’t overlooked, we’re counting on you to help us continue our reputation for outstanding dental care. We’re one of the very best because of people like you. Join us and help us continue to shape the future of Dentistry one patient at a time.
The Patient Relations Coordinator's (PRC) primary responsibility is to contribute to
the financial success of the practice by ensuring that patients are the number one priority from
the time they enter the practice until the time they leave. PRCs contribute to the practice's
financial success by creating and maintaining positive relationships with patients as well as by
knowing and understanding the business aspects necessary to provide patients with the best
* Follow the New Patient Experience; make a positive first impression with patients both
by phone and in person; answer phones "with a smile" within the first 3 rings;
communicate with patients in a courteous manner while following the call and closing
technique procedures according to marketing protocol.
* Lead by example; exercise good team work; have mutual respect for team; partner with
team to create an exceptional experience for patient.
* Handle and/or direct patient questions and complaints; know when to escalate and
forward to the Office Leader.
* Coordinate patient scheduling and flow throughout the day by providing accurate
appointment sheets and pulling files of scheduled patients; notify clinical staff of arrivals
and needs; schedule appointments in accordance with guidelines based on nature of
treatment; follow and track appointments due to no-shows, cancellations and late
arrivals; call scheduled patients to confirm appointments.
* Coordinate with Treatment Consultant if applicable.
* Ensure all applicable daily sheets and checklists are completed, treatment plans posted,
and charts are maintained and filed daily.
* Calmly and effectively guide patients by phone through a dental emergency.
* Maintain a referral tracking program weekly to provide information on how the patient
was referred to the practice if applicable by market.
* Record all charges and payments to patient accounts; be able to complete and explain
the Third Party Financing for patients.
* Understand and follow doctor's treatment plans to schedule follow-up appointments.
* Inform patients of the company's payment policy; follow payment policy by
collecting payment from patient at time of service; assist patients in completing new
patient health history forms; attach insurance to patient account in practice software if
* Contact insurance companies to verify coverage and fee schedule and complete
insurance breakdown accurately and completely if patient appointment is scheduled
within 24 hours of appointment time
* Maintain HIPAA compliance through patient confidentiality
* Follow required OSHA safety procedures as necessary
* Complete all Continuing Education requirements timely.
Non Essential Functions:
* Open practice for business according to company procedures
* Ensure that reception and front desk areas are clean and organized
o High school diploma or equivalent required
o One to two years experience working in a professional environment with direct
customer contact desired.
o Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; work well with others
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills
o Professionalism and professional image
o Strong organization and planning skills; detail oriented
o Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
o Computer proficiency and ability to learn new software
o Conflict resolution and problem solving skills
* Overtime required to perform job functions as approved by Office Leader
* Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
* Safety procedures required including protection to minimize the risks from X-rays and
blood borne pathogens
* Potential extended period long hours standing on feet
Charlotte, North Carolina
View all Jobs
View all Locations